Friday, December 19, 2008

No Sew Fleece Blankets-EASY (Heather Maiers)

So on the occassion I do feel crafty...but that feeling comes and goes but the gear that I accumulate tends to stick with me. So, my solution is to find things that take a short time to complete and are then DONE. Yeay!

To make your very own knotted fleece blanket:

1.) Go to your craft store and buy THREE yards of fleece...yes it has to be fleece. I tend to buy two different fabric designs...one for the front and one for the back, but that is up to you. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM CUT THE THREE YARDS INTO ONE AND A HALF YARD SECTIONS-it makes life so much easier when you get home!
2.) Line your fleece sections up. Make sure that the pattern is facing the right way.
3.) Cut away any ragged edges.
4.) Now start cutting fringe around the edges. ever 1 1/2 to 3 inches (depending on you) make a 3-4 inch cut toward the center of the fabric.
5.) Once you have completed one side start knotting the fabric together. Take the fringe piece from the top layer and knot it to the piece from the bottom. MAKE SURE THEY ARE THE CORRESPONDING PIECES OR YOUR BLANKET WILL LOOK FUNNY!
6.) Repeat steps FOUR and FIVE for each side of the blanket (there will be 4 lol) and TaaaaDaaa, as Ellie says, you have a blanket.

You can vary the size of the blankets...larger or smaller the knotting is still the same. I have made quite a few because I find patterns that I like and because they are nice to have on hand during the winter months.

No comments:

Post a Comment